Torchlighters - Missions Set of Four on DVD
Children's Animated Films
|This set of four DVDs from the award-winning Torchlighters series of animated DVDs for children, highlights four historic missionary heroes: Jim Elliot, Eric Liddell, Gladys Aylward and Amy Carmichael. |
Torchlighters: The Jim Elliot Story: Geared for children ages 8-12, this stunning, half-hour, action-packed program uses top quality animation to bring to life the story of missionary martyr Jim Elliot. The year was 1956. From the steamy jungles of Ecuador, news spread around the world that five young American men were mercilessly killed by members of the Auca tribe (now known as the Waodani)--a people those young men had gone to serve and befriend. That seemingly senseless tragedy a half century ago has become an inspirational marvel as that same tribe is now friends with the families of those they killed! This is the story of one of those brave torchlighters--Jim Elliot.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Gujarati
- Subtitles: English
- Interview with Steve Saint, son Nate Saint, a fellow martyr with Jim Elliot
- Autobiography of Marj Saint Van Der Puy, Nate's wife
- Comprehensive leader’s guide with reproducible student worksheets in pdf format
Torchlighters: Eric Liddell:
Pressure to follow public opinion couldn't get much stronger. National hero Eric Liddell is Scotland's pride and joy. The entire country is eager for their running celebrity to sprint past the rest of the world and bring home Olympic gold in the 100-meter race. But when Eric makes the stunning announcement that he won't race on Sunday because of his religious convictions, he is soon labeled a disgrace and a traitor. See how Eric's famous stand during the 1924 Olympics prepares him for even greater challenges as a missionary to China during World War II.
Special DVD Features:
- English and Spanish languages with optional English subtitles
- "Eric Liddell: Champion of Conviction, " 60-minute documentary
- Comprehensive Leader's Guide with four lesson plans, background information, and more (also available at www.torchlighters.org)
- Reproducible Student Handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring, and more (also available at www.torchlighters.org)
- Interactive children's quizzes online at www.torchlighters.org
Torchlighters: Gladys Aylward
With war raging about her and soldiers closing in, the wounded missionary Gladys Aylward (as portrayed in the movie, The Inn of the Sixth Happiness) sets out on the most difficult journey of her life -- a 100-mile trek over the mountains to a safe haven.
But it's not her own safety that concerns this little woman with big faith. It's the safety and well being of the 100 orphaned children in her care. Watch as Gladys' strength and faith are stretched to the limit, all for the sake of the children.
Torchlighters is a series of animated programs for youth ages 8-12, presenting the lives of true-life heroes from Christian history. When kids see what God can do through a "Torchlighter" who is devoted to carrying out His will and purposes, they too may want to carry a torch of faith by serving Him. For more information on the series, visit www.torchlighters.org.
Language: English and Spanish
Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Original documentary featuring biographer Carol Purves and Gladys' adopted son Clifford Liu
- Comprehensive leader's guide with lesson plans, background information, and more (also available at www.torchlighters.org)
- Reproducible student handouts, including discussion questions, puzzles, coloring pages, and more (also available at www.torchlighters.org)
- Many additional resources available online at www.torchlighters.org
Torchlighters: Amy Carmichael:
As little Preena is snatched away from the most gentle woman she has seen in months, she wonders how she will ever again find a way out of the temple, where she is held against her will. How will she find the missionary known as Amy Carmichael, the one who wears a cross and serves a different sort of God? Meanwhile, Amy is also consumed by the awful truth she has learned about the plight of the “temple girls.” Will Amy’s faithful determination be enough to free Preena from the powerful customs and superstitions that keep her hostage?
Torchlighters is a series of animated programs for youth ages 8-12, presenting the lives of true-life heroes from Christian history. When kids see what God can do through a “Torchlighter” who is devoted to carrying out His will and purposes, they too may want to carry a torch of faith by serving Him. For more information on the series, go to www.torchlighters.org.
• English and Spanish languages with optional English and Spanish subtitles
• 30-minute abridgment taken from the documentary “Amy Carmichael: Mother to the Motherless”
• Comprehensive leader’s guide with lesson plans, background information, and more
• Reproducible student handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring, and more
• More activities for children at www.torchlighters.org and www.kidsofcourage.com
Customers in Australia or New Zealand, please visit Christian Multimedia.
* Running Time: 2 hrs
* Region: All Regions
* Production Year: 2005-2010
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
|Torchlighters - Missions Set of Four on DVD|
Children's Animated Films
This set of four DVDs from the award-winning Torchlighters series of animated DVDs for children, highlights four historic missionary heroes: Jim Elliot, Eric Liddell, Gladys Aylward and Amy Carmichael.
Featured Item: Arch Children's Books
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be
These WWW pages ©2017 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.
Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores