S'more Time With God: by Nancy Ferguson
Author: Nancy Ferguson
|Author Nancy Ferguson brings years of experience as a parent and a church camp professional to this interactive devotional designed especially for families and church groups with young children. Organized around five week-long themes, this creative resource explores Scripture and nature to teach accessible and hands-on lessons about God, human relationships, and creation care.|
Each weekly theme includes the following six components:
1. Theme—describes in few words the thematic focus of the day’s discussion
2. Claim the Time—a song or Bible verse to signal the beginning of family time with God
3. A Place to Begin—provides one or two questions or discussion ideas to use before the “Something to Do” activity.
4. Something to Do—an outdoor activity for your family or church group to do together, connected to the biblical story that will follow
5. Bible Discovery— includes a retelling of the biblical passage, ideally in your own words
6. Closing Prayer
Finally, we've included a recipe for s'mores and other camp treats. This is the perfect resource for family camping trips or church camps!
Features: Price on Product, Illustrated, Table of Contents
Physical Info: 0.34" H x 8.58" L x 5.54" W (0.41 lbs) 115 pages
ISBN: 0817016635 EAN: 9780817016630
Publisher: Judson Press
US SRP: 12.99 US - (Discount: REG)
Pub Date: April 15, 2011
Nancy Ferguson is a retired church professional with forty years experience in churches and camps. She is the former day camp director at Camp Hanover in Richmond Virginia and the project manager and editor of New Earth: Christian Resources for the Outdoors, an ecumenical curriculum for summer camps. Nancy is the author of eight books including Teaching Younger Children (Ages 7-10) About God's Creation, The Retreat Leader's Manual with Kevin Witt, Retreats for Renewal: Five Intergenerational Retreats, and Training Staff to Be Spiritual Leaders.
Ferguson holds an MDiv, a MA in Christian Education and a Ed.S. from Union Presbyterian Seminary (formerly Union Theological Seminary and the Presbyterian School of Christian Education)
- Adult Books | Family Concerns
- Adult Books | Spirituality
- Religion | Christian Life | Spiritual Growth
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
|S'more Time With God: by Nancy Ferguson|
Author: Nancy Ferguson
isbn - 10
Author Nancy Ferguson brings years of experience as a parent and a church camp professional to this interactive devotional designed especially for families and church groups with young children.