An Introduction to the Old Testament (Revised) (2ND ed.)
Longman & Dillard
|This second edition of An Introduction to the Old Testament has been revised and updated to reflect recent advances in Old Testament scholarship. An upper-level introduction that includes callouts, charts, and graphs, it offers a solid understanding of three key issues: historical background, literary analysis, and theological message.|
This second edition of An Introduction to the Old Testament integrates and interacts with recent developments in Old Testament scholarship. Several distinctive set it apart from other introductions to the Old Testament:
• It is thoroughly evangelical in its perspective • It emphasizes “special introduction”—the study of individual books • It interacts in an irenic spirit with the historical-critical method • It features points of research history and representative scholars rather than an exhaustive treatment of past scholarship • It deals with the meaning of each book, not in isolation but in a canonical context • It probes the meaning of each book in the setting of its culture
Including callouts, charts, and graphs, this text is written with an eye on understanding the nature of Old Testament historiography. This upper-level introduction to the Old Testament offers students a solid understanding of three key issues: historical background, literary analysis, and theological message.
By: Tremper Longman III, Raymond B. Dillard
Features: Bibliography, Index, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Table of Contents
Physical Info: 1.6" H x 9.5" L x 7.58" W (2.23 lbs) 528 pages
Carton Quantity: 8
Publisher: Zondervan Publishing Company
US SRP: 34.99 US
Pub Date: November 01, 2006
- Biblical Studies | Old Testament | Old Testament Introductions
- Biblical Studies | Old Testament | Old Testament Theology
- Religion | Biblical Criticism & Interpretation | Old Testament
- Religious Orientation | Christian
- Theometrics | Evangelical
OCLC Number: OCLC#64084747
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
|An Introduction to the Old Testament (Revised) (2ND ed.)|
Longman & Dillard
isbn - 10
An upper-level introduction that includes callouts, charts, and graphs, it offers a solid understanding of three key issues: historical background, literary analysis, and theological message.
Featured Item: The Christmas Nail Ornament
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be
These WWW pages ©2016 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.
Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores